Q-CROM™ TC Sealers will provide protection for Q-CROM Chrome appearance products and can be used as a primer sealer for certain plastics that have been exposed to extreme heat sources from laser cutting, high-speed routing, or flame polishing. When using as a primer sealer, always test before production run due to variations in plastics and manufacturing conditions.
1st SURFACE APPLICATION RECOMMENDATIONS
- 1. Q-CROM™ TC0003™, is a one-component product and ready to spray. Stir completely before each use.
- 2. Apply one medium tack coat and allow to dry for 3 to 5 minutes or until completely flashed off. Apply a second medium tack coat and allow to dry 30 to 45 minutes before application of a topcoat.
- 3. Allow drying a minimum of 24 to 48 hours at 75°F before packaging.
- 4. Applying too much material per coat or not allowing complete flash-off time between each coat will result in a trapped solvent which will “cloud” or “white haze” the finish and result in cracking or adhesion failure.
- 5. When spraying dimensional parts, spray the edges first and then the top and or bottom flat sides.
- 6. Clean-up solvent is Q-SOLV™ CD4404™ Cleaner Reducer
Use only approved respirators and personal protection equipment recommended for the product used.
Polycarbonate, Impact Modified Acrylic, Acrylic:
Clean surface thoroughly with Q-SOLV™ CD4404™ Cleaner Reducer to remove surface contaminants and static electricity. Use only a clean cloth and let dry before applying sealer. The use of non-approved or tested cleaners can result in plastic degradation, peeling, cracking or premature failure.
SPRAY GUN RECOMMENDATION:
Gravity Feed: 1.0 mm – 1.3 mm
Siphon Feed: 1.2 mm – 1.4 mm
Pressure Feed: 1.0 mm - 1.2 mm
Professional Quality spray equipment only (Sata or equivalent).