Q-CROM™ products allow the spray application of chrome-like appearance coatings on first surface opaque applications. When compared to conventional vacuum metalized procedures, these products are much more affordable and provide long color durability and chrome-like appearances.
Q-CROM™ TC0002™ Deep Chrome for 2nd surface plastic application.
2nd SURFACE APPLICATION RECOMMENDATIONS
- Paint material, spray painting environment and substrate to be painted must be pre-warmed (70-85°F and below 50% relative humidity), and after painting maintain this temperature range until fully cured.
- Q-CROM™ TC0002™ are one-component products and ready to spray.
- Do not shake any Q-CROM™ product, stir only with a mixing stick before spray application.
- Utilizing a backlighted spray booth and a control panel, apply coats as required to obtain the required color and translucency. Allow 2-10 minute flash times between coats allowing a full the flash off of solvent before next coat. Ambient temperature is recommended at 70-85°F and below 50% relative humidity. Allow Q-CROM™ to dry a minimum of 60 minutes before applying sealer.
- Q-CROM™ TC0002™ must be sealed with Q-CROM™ TC0003™
- Dry time is 30-45 minutes.
- If needed, a white background diffuser can be mounted separately behind Q-CROM™ colors to light up evenly at night.
- Allow drying a minimum of 24 hours at 75°F before packaging.
- Always utilize a control panel to assure color and translucency requirements are met.
- Applying too much material per coat or not allowing complete flash-off time between each coat will result in a trapped solvent which will “cloud” or “white haze” the finish.
- Application with a spray gun that does not atomize the paint material correctly will result in a spotted finish.
- Use only approved respirators and personal protection equipment recommended for the product used.
- Always review the MSDS – Material Safety Data Sheets before use
- SUITABLE SURFACES: Polycarbonate, Impact Modified Acrylic, Acrylic, painted metal surfaces:
- For plastics, clean surface thoroughly with Q-SOLV™ Plastic Cleaners removes surface contaminants and static electricity. Use only a clean Chamois or non-lint cloth. For painted metal surfaces, a fully cured urethane high gloss coating is recommended. Clean to remove any finger prints or surface debris.
SPRAY GUN RECOMMENDATION:
- Mini Jet Gravity Feed: 0.6 mm - 0.8 mm
- Full-size Gravity Feed: 1.0 mm – 1.2 mm
- Professional Quality spray equipment only (Sata or equivalent).
- Air pressure setting of 15 to 25 lbs at the spray gun.
- Fluid delivery setting: Begin with the fluid knob at a closed position, and slowly open the fluid knob until a very fine mist appears. A typical number of coats is 8 to 12 with a complete flash-off time between each coat but is dependent on the effect being achieved.