Q-PRIM™ PP1010™ SPECIALTY PLASTIC ADHESION PROMOTER QPRIM™ PP1010™
Specialty Plastic Adhesion Promoter is designed to provide the maximum adhesion properties to plastics and other difficult-to-prime surfaces when top coating with Q-COAT UC™ Polyurethane.
Q-COAT DC™ Display Coating may be applied on many plastic-type substrates without the use of QPRIM™ PP1010™ Specialty Plastic Adhesion Promoter. Consult our technical department before proceeding.
Note that ABS-type plastic substrates differ in raw material make-up and to assure adhesion, it is imperative to use a suitable surface cleaner Q-SOLV™ CD4414™ Specialty Plastic Cleaner and adhesion promoter Q-PRIM™ PP1010™ to meet adhesion property requirements.
1. Safety: Use only NIOSH-approved respirators and personal protection equipment recommended for the product used. Always review the MSDS – Material Safety Data Sheets before use.
2. Recommended Surfaces: Acrylic, ABS, Polycarbonate, and PVC-type plastic surfaces to be top coated with Q-COAT UC™ Polyurethane.
3. Surface Cleaning: Clean plastic surfaces thoroughly with Q-SOLV™ CD4402™ Plastic Cleaner. Clean ABS and other difficult-to-paint plastics with Q-SOLV™ CD4414™ Specialty Plastic Cleaner to remove all surface contaminants. This is a very important step to assure all mold release agents and surface contaminants are removed before applying the Q-SOLV™ PP1010™ Specialty Plastic Adhesion Promoter.
4. Application: For Modified Acrylic, Acrylic or Polycarbonate: Apply 1 coat of Q-BASE™ PB0005™ Moldable Plastic Binder and allow to completely dry. Then apply 1 coat of Q-PRIM™ PP1010™ Specialty Plastic Adhesion Promoter. For other plastic-type substrates, apply 1 coat of Q-PRIM™ PP1010™ Specialty Plastic Adhesion Promoter.
5. Dry Time: Topcoat in approximately 30-45 minutes but not longer than 4 hours with a compatible topcoat. If not top coated within 4 hours, re-application of Q-PRIM™ PP1010™ Adhesion Promoter will be required.
NOTES: When using with paintable computer-cut vinyl allow a minimum of 48 hours of dry time before applying any transfer tape or application with a vinyl applicator. Direct application on acrylics, modified impact acrylics, and polycarbonates are not recommended.
Apply Q-BASE™ PB0005™ Moldable Plastic Binder first, and then apply Q-PRIM™ PP1010™ Adhesion Promoter before top coating with Q-COAT UC™ Polyurethane. When painting acrylics, modified acrylics, polycarbonates, or other difficult-to-paint substrates, Q-COAT DC™ Display Coating may be applied directly on many of these substrates.
Refer to the Q-COAT DC™ Display Coating technical data sheet and contact our technical department.
How is Q-Prim PP1010 better than the competition?
Q-Prim™ PP1010™ is a silane-based adhesion promoter that is specifically designed for use with polypropylene and polyethylene substrates. It is typically used in the automotive, medical, and packaging industries to improve the adhesion of paint, inks, coatings, and adhesives to these types of plastics.
Advantages of Q-Prim™ PP1010™ over other adhesion promoters include:
- It is specifically formulated for use with polypropylene and polyethylene substrates, which may make it more effective on these types of materials compared to adhesion promoters that are not specifically formulated for use with these materials.
- It provides a stronger bond compared to other adhesion promoters.
- It is more versatile and useful in a wider range of applications due to its ability to work with various adhesives and coatings.